Victim Management and Support
The victim crisis plan has been developed to help the CRT manage effectively and quickly any crisis involving a human victim, such as a death, serious injury, aggravated rape, vehicular manslaughter, etc.
The CRT will respond rapidly to events and provide, as appropriate, recommendations to the President of the College for his/her action.
- If there is a student victim, the Vice President and Dean of Co-Curricular Life will, in consultation with the President and/or Vice President and Chief of Staff, personally contact the victim, and, with the victim’s consent, the victim’s family. If the victim is a member of the staff or faculty, the Dean of the College will make the contact.
- The Vice President and Dean of Co-Curricular Life or Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty will, in consultation with the President and/or Vice President and Chief of Staff, insure that the victim and other affected persons are offered appropriate counseling and support.
- The Vice President and Dean of Co-Curricular Life and Director of Residence Life will notify all Resident Coordinators and Resident Assistants about the details of the event as soon as practical, where the CRT agrees that such notification The Director of Campus Safety will monitor the investigation and insure that sufficient patrols are available to maintain a feeling of community confidence.
- The Co-Curricular Life staff will continue follow-up and support to students, as needed.
- If the media respond to the crisis, the Director of Media, Marketing & Communications will prepare appropriate statements after conferring with the CRT to ascertain all the facts of the crisis.
- Special attention will be paid to the condition of the victim(s), the current status of the investigation and the media response.