Job Search Help
The posting of any job opening on this website does not constitute endorsement by the Career Services Center or Sweet Briar College. It is up to you to exercise caution and common sense in your job search.
Weblink Library — Jobs (Field-specific resources)
Career 15 — An online networking website where you can post your resume and employers can view it. Through this website both you and potential employers can learn about each other and set up interviews. In addition to online networking, Career 15 sponsors job fairs in conjunction with VFIC member colleges and partner corporations.
Comprehensive Job Search Websites
AllDiversity.com: a forum for diversity and inclusion which is committed to bringing jobseekers & employers together in one place. They cater to women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
- America's Job Bank: Includes jobs listed with all the state employment agencies (each state's equivalent of the Virginia Employment Commission). Most jobs listed are in the private sector.
- Bright.com: Use your personal and professional contacts to discover job openings inside companies where you have connections
- CampusCareerCenter.com: Browse job and internship postings for many different companies, including the CIA, NSA, and IRS.
- Career Builder.com: Browse jobs and check out career resources in the Advice & Resources section.
- Career Magazine.com: Browse jobs, preview employment trends, or research helpful job search articles.
- CollegeGrad.com: Browse jobs and internships for college students and recent graduates.
- CollegeRecruiter.com: Features hundreds of thousands of internships and entry level jobs for recent graduates.
- EmploymentGuide.com: Seach jobs by regions within states.
- GoingGlobal: Provides country-specific career and employment information, including world-wide internships and job postings, H1 VISA Employer Listings, corporate profiles and more!
- Hound.com: This search engine queries employers' job posting websites directly.
- Indeed.com: One Search, All Jobs: Search for jobs posted on job sites, newspapers, associations, and company career pages.
- Job Bank USA: Jobs, career information, and employment services for job candidates.
- Job-Hunt.org: Select a state and browse jobs in the following categories: general, education, government, and top employers.
- Job Volumne: Seach engine for other job search websites, indexing positions in the US and Canada.
- MonsterTRAK: Entry level jobs and internships for current students and recent graduates (Alumnae with 3 or more years of experience should use Monster.com instead.)
- Riley Guide: This meta site provides hundreds of links to websites with job listings for the following categories: part-time and temporary; self-employment; location-specific; engineering, science, and manufactoring; humanities, social sciences and personal services; business and commercial services; and law, government, public service, and non-profits.
TalentEgg: Student jobs and graduate jobs site for students and new graduates seeking intern jobs, entry level jobs & summer jobs.
- Top Jobs USA: Provides job announcements for the liberal arts, business, and health industries.
- TrueCareers.com: Search for jobs, post your resume, or search the employer directory to see who is hiring.
- WorkplaceDiversity.com: Is the premier career site committed to bridging the gap between employers and qualified diversity talent. Jobs here pan across all sectors.
- Sustainable Jobs: is a search engine for jobs and internships with an activity related to Renewable Energy, Sience & Technology, Environmental Interships, Green Management Jobs and other activities with a positive environmental impact.
Online Chambers of Commerce and Newspaper Classifieds
- The Online Chambers of Commerce: Locates national and international online chambers of commerce. Excellent for finding company websites and contact information.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution (Atlanta, GA)
- The Boston Globe (Boston, MA)
- The Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL)
- The Denver Post (Denver, CO)
- The Detroit News (Detroit, MI)
- The Las Vegas Newspaper (Las Vegas, NV)
- The Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Miami Herald (Miami, FL)
- The New York Times (New York, NY)
- The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)
- The San Diego Union Tribune (San Diego, CA)
- The San Francisco Chronicle (San Francisco, CA)
- The Seattle Times (Seattle, WA)
- The Washington Post (Washington D.C.)
- Other U.S. Newspapers
Economic Research Institute Salary Assessor® and Geographic Assessor®
Monster.com Salary Center
This calculator takes into account industry/career title and location
O*Net Online Occupation Information
Under "Find Occupations," type in a career and scroll to bottom of the page to the "Wages & Employment" link, then choose a state for state and national wages and employment trends
Home Fair.com Salary Calculator
This user-friendly calculator tells you how much money you would need to make if you moved to one city to another city
Browse salary reports, salary forecasts, and cost of living comparisons
Try the US News and World Report Salary Wizard, Cost of Living Wizard, or Job Assessor
Moving and Relocating
Advice on moving and relocating
Monster.com Relocation Center
Advice and resources for finding an apartment, finding a moving company or truck rental, etc.
Sperling’s Best Places
Research city and neighborhood profiles, crime rates, climate profiles, school statistics and cost of living