The Sweet Briar Engineering education is based on a hands-on, lab-intensive curriculum. Design is emphasized throughout the students' studies. Our graduates learn to translate fundamental principles into design applications that are socially relevant, ethically responsible, and economically viable.
Engineering Design and Computer Lab
- Software tools include Autodesk Inventor, Matlab and Labview.
3-D printer for prototypes, 8x8x6 inch max size (uPrint)
Need to design and create a prototype turbine blade
for your own wind-powered generator?
We can do that.
Mechatronics and Controls Lab
- Microchip microprocessors, misc. electronics, motors, computers, etc.
- Oscillosopes, multimeters, electrical components, etc.
Materials Testing Lab
- Hardness Tester, Tensile Test Machine, Concrete Tester and Impact Tester
Student-Faculty Research and Project Lab
- Dedicated lab space for student design projects
| || |
Laser Lab and Optical Device Lab
- Q-switched YAG laser and optical paramtric oscillator, detection for time resolved fluorescence, polymer thin film fabrication