Join Friends of Art/Athletics/Library
Friends of Art, Friends of Athletics and Friends of the Library provide funding that stretches beyond the budgetary provisions of the College. These visionary groups act as stewards that champion and sustain the mission of the College by ensuring future generations of students benefit from its invaluable resources.
Friends of Art
The Friends of Art fund the acquisition of works of art for the permanent collection and also support exhibitions, publications, lecturers, special events, travel and tours.
- Excellent networking opportunities with colleagues in the arts
- Invitations to gallery openings and special events
- A one-year subscription to the Friends of Art newsletter, "Visions"
Friends of Athletics
The mission of Friends of Athletics is to sustain and promote the College's commitment to sports by funding enhancements to intercollegiate athletics, including:
- Team travel
- Athletic recruiting
- The annual Varsity Sports Award Banquet
- Communication to build enthusiasm and increase attendance at students' games
- Game schedules for all sports
- Invitations to special programs and events, including the annual All Sports Award Banquet
- Car decal
- A one-year subscription to the Friends of Athletics newsletter, The Vixen
At Sweet Briar, athletics and physical education are important parts of the education of the whole student. Visit http://vixenathletics.com/ for more information about the athletic department and intercollegiate athletics at Sweet Briar.
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Library seek to encourage an understanding of the Mary Helen Cochran Library and its branches and to attract new resources, through gifts or bequests, which can include monetary donations, books, manuscripts and other appropriate material.
- Borrowing privileges that apply to all circulating library collections
- Access to database services in the library
- In-house use of the Special Collections, which include W.H. Auden, T.E. Lawrence, George Meredith, Virginia Woolf, the Vincent Chinese Collection and the College archives
- Semi-annual Friends of the Library meetings
- A one-year subscription to the semi-annual "Sweet Briar College Library Gazette"