Planned giving is an effective and mutually beneficial way of giving to Sweet Briar. By making a planned gift, you assist Sweet Briar in its mission of providing a bold and distinctive liberal arts education for women while enjoying the benefits of capital gains tax savings, increased income and income tax savings. Most importantly, a planned gift maximizes your giving potential while ensuring your future financial security and that of your loved ones.
A planned gift can be made during the life or after the death of a donor. There are numerous types of planned gifts, including gifts through wills, gifts of life insurance, gifts of charitable annuities and a variety of charitable trusts.
We would be pleased to discuss your philanthropic needs and the many giving opportunities that are available to you. The following planned giving brochures, among others, are available by request:
- A Guide to Creative Planned Giving Arrangements
- A New Use for Your Retirement Plan Assets
- Charted Giving Plans
- Creative Legacies Through Endowments, Memorials and Scholarships
- Estate Planning Strategies That Meet Your Needs
- Giving Real Estate
- Giving Through Charitable Lead Trusts
- Giving Through Gift Annuities
- Giving Through Retirement Plans
- How to Design a Trust for Yourself
- Increase the Value of Your Estate with an Up-To-Date Will
- The Charitable Lead Trust: The Gift That Benefits Charitable Organizations and Your Heirs
- Your Estate: A Record of Essential Information