Student Travel Grants
The Honors Program has funds available for students to support academic related travel during the acadmic year. Students must apply to the Honors Committee and may receive up to $450 to attend an event during the academic year. These funds may not be used for expenses incurred during the summer months.
Application Deadlines for 2014-2015
Monday, October 13, 2014
Monday, November 17, 2014
Monday, February 16, 2015
Travel grant applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
The application must include the following items:
- The application cover sheet, with proposed budget.
- A two-page proposal written by the student that includes the trip objectives — research, paper presentation, etc. — and an explanation of how the event will further her academic goals.
- An abstract of the paper being presented, if applicable.
- A letter of support from a sponsoring faculty member.
If several students plan to attend the same event, each student must submit a separate application and budget, with shared expenses noted.
The Honors Committee will solicit grant applications during the fall and spring semesters and the entire Committee will review all applications. After the event, students may be asked to submit a follow-up report to the Honors Committee.
The criteria for ranking requests are as follows:
- Students presenting papers or participating in artistic endeavors at conference events are given top priority.
- Students doing research for a Senior Honors Thesis project (after they have depleted their research allowance).
- Students doing other research (not Senior Honors).
- Students attending a conference or artistic event, but not presenting or performing
Individual students are eligible to receive within one academic year funds not exceeding $450. Please be aware that the Honors Program cannot fully fund all requests and that students are not eligible for travel funds in advance. We encourage students to seek additional support from other sources.