Congratulations on your acceptance to Sweet Briar! On behalf of the entire co-curricular life staff, we are very pleased that you have chosen to pursue your undergraduate studies here, and we look forward to welcoming you to campus!
This website is designed to provide you with everything you need to know about your transition into Sweet Briar. The following sections will assist you during the next few months:
- The Orientation Specifics page provides you with detailed information about Orientation and the check-in process. This page contains the link to the most current Orientation schedule.
- Academic Life offers a general overview of academics at Sweet Briar, including information about learning differences, as well as the Honor Code.
- Your New Home is a guide to life at Sweet Briar College for ALL new students from the moment you are accepted to the time you first step foot on campus for Orientation. This section provides you with everything you need to know now that you have paid your enrollment deposit.
- Financial Matters includes information about financial aid, billing, the Sweet Cash Card and local banking opportunities.
- New Student Forms provides a collection of forms that all new students must complete. Please note that some forms are optional. The deadline for forms is May 24 (for students entering in fall 2013) or Jan. 10 (for students entering in spring 2014). It is very important that you return all forms by the deadline dates. International students may fax all forms and information to (434) 381-6492. If using traditional mail services, you should photocopy all forms that you return and keep a copy of the information you have submitted.
- Placement Tests are required for new students who will be taking French, German, Latin or Spanish. Tests must be completed before Aug. 1 (for students entering in fall 2013) or Jan. 10 (for students entering in spring 2014).
- Parent & Families provides information about Parent Orientation, FERPA, the e2Campus-Emergency Alert System, Families Weekend and more.
During the summer you will receive additional information regarding academics and Orientation. Please contact us if you have questions at any time by calling (434) 381-6134 or emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you and welcoming you to campus!
Assistant Dean of First Year & Sophomore Programs
Dean of Co-curricular Life