Our students have access to a wide range of instrumentation for coursework and research. Our instruments include:
- JEOL ECX 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectrometer for structural analysis of organic compounds. Students gain hands-on experience using NMR during their sophomore year in second-semester Organic Chemistry laboratory.
- Waters High Performance Liquid Chromatography System is designed to separate and quantify mixtures of organic compounds.
- Shimadzu IRAffinity-1 Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer detects the presence of functional groups. Used by students in second-semester Organic Chemistry laboratory, other laboratory courses and research.
- Perkin Elmer AAnalyst 800 Atomic Absorption Spectrometer for quantitative analysis of metals
- Cary Eclipse Fluorescence Spectrophotometer measures fluorescence of sample analytes.
- Cary 50 Bio UV-Visible Spectrophotometer for measurement of light absorption of organic compounds. Used by students in all levels of laboratory courses and for research.
- Pasco Xplorer GLX data collection, graphing and analysis tool with a variety of field probes for water quality analysis
- Vernier Mini GC Plus Gas Chromatograph uses air to separate simple mixtures of volatile organic compounds. Students in first-semester Organic Chemistry laboratory gain hands-on experience using the Mini GC.
- EG&G Instruments Potentiostat/Galvanostat for electrochemical analysis