What is distinctive about studying economics at Sweet Briar?
- Professors and the career services office collaborate to place economics students in internships and jobs or engage in off-campus study opportunities.
- Each year, students in the economics program visit places like the Federal Reserve Bank to gain a more concrete understanding of our macroeconomy and the role economists play in fiscal policy.
- Students can develop personalized programs of study, tailored to interests within the discipline or across disciplines. Study opportunities expose students to both economics and complementary disciplines such as political science and business.
- Faculty members offer coursework on special topics and facilitate interactive discussion on current issues.
- Seniors conduct independent research for a capstone project on a topic in economics.
- Sweet Briar offers students a strong mathematical foundation that is needed for advanced graduate work in economics.