What can you do with a degree in mathematics?
- Typical career paths for graduates are accounting, banking and finance, defense and weapons research, education, actuarial sciences, engineering and operations research.
- In the past several years, our graduates have been hired by IBM, Northrop Grumman, the National Ground Intelligence Center, the National Security Agency, PricewaterhouseCoopers, SunTrust Bank, Nationwide Insurance, Ernst & Young, the Naval Surface Warfare Center and the Joint Warfare Analysis Center.
- Graduates have studied in programs at the University of Virginia, University of Maryland, Dartmouth, Boston University, Harvard University, Yale University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Johns Hopkins, London School of Economics, Duke University, George Washington University and Stanford University, to name a few.
- Senior Principal Biostatistician, Biogen Inc.
- B.A., Mathematics; Minors in Economics, Statistics | Sweet Briar College, 2014
- Ph.D, Biostatistics | University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2020
Phoebe works at Biogen, a Cambridge, MA-based biotechnology company specializing in discovering, developing, and delivering treatments for patients with neurological diseases.
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, Sweet Briar College, Class of 2001
- Executive Chairwoman and Founder | Task Rabbit
- General Partner | Fuel Capital
Leah Solivan has 15 years of experience building and creating technology products that have reached millions of people around the globe. She started her career at IBM as a software engineer in the software group, working on Lotus Notes and Domino. In 2008, Solivan founded TaskRabbit, the leading on-demand service marketplace in the world.