Alpha Psi Omega
In 2001, the Alpha Delta Beta chapter of Alpha Psi Omega, the National Honorary Dramatic Fraternity, was established at Sweet Briar College to honor outstanding students in theatre arts.
Information about additional honor societies can be found here.
The Honors Program at Sweet Briar is dedicated to enriching the intellectual life of the entire College community. The program is designed to engage all programs and academic disciplines and to provide opportunities for motivated students that emphasize both breadth and depth of study. The program offers recognition to those students who perform academically at an honors level, but also encourages the participation of all interested students in honors courses and co-curricular activities.
The program encourages honors students to challenge themselves and their peers, and it provides experiences designed to stimulate and strengthen students’ critical thinking abilities and creative endeavors. In honors classes, through independent research projects and at co-curricular activities and events, the program provides a venue in which exceptional students can meet, share ideas and stretch their intellectual boundaries inside and outside the classroom.
Please visit the Honors Program website for more information.
Students majoring or minoring in the arts have completed internships with the following organizations:
- Endstation Theatre Company | Lynchburg, VA
- Academy Center of the Arts | Lynchburg, VA
- AGAR (Amherst Glebe Arts Response) | Amherst, VA
- The Bridge Progressive Arts Initiative | Charlottesville, VA
- National Museum of Women in the Arts | Washington, D.C.
- Virginia Business | Richmond, VA
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts (VCCA) | Amherst, VA