International Application Process
If you’re ready to apply, here’s your application checklist:
- Completed application. Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application or online application.
Verified official scores from at least one of the following with an acceptable minimum score. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Please note: International students whose first language is English or who have attended an exclusively English-language school for at least four years do not need to submit a language exam.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – 65 minimum
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – 6.0 minimum
- Duolingo English Test – 90 minimum
- Secondary school transcripts (or equivalent) and college course transcripts (if applicable) in English. College or university courses completed outside of the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services. A course by course evaluation must be completed by WES and submitted to Sweet Briar College. The website for WES is www.wes.org.
- Optional virtual interview.
- Upon acceptance, complete and submit the College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances.
Sweet Briar has rolling admission, which means as soon as your application is complete, we will be able to give you a decision on admission. Because it can take time to acquire the necessary visas for international students to study in the United States, we encourage all international applicants to have their applications materials submitted by April 1.