Whether you are transferring from a community college or another four-year school, we make the process simple!
We guarantee automatic admission to students graduating from a Virginia community college with a transfer-oriented degree and who have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
Your transfer-oriented degree will replace Sweet Briar’s required leadership core curriculum—the College’s version of traditional general education requirements—setting you up to dive right into coursework that fulfills requirements for your major.
To be considered a transfer student at Sweet Briar College, applicants must have completed 30 college credit hours post-high school graduation. Students who have less than 30 credit hours should complete the first-year student admissions application.
Wondering how your credits will transfer to Sweet Briar?
There are three ways to find out how your credits will transfer.
- Visit this page for instructions for how to request a transfer credit evaluation.
- Consult the Virginia Community College System course equivalencies page.
- Contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-381-6179.
If you’re ready to apply, here’s your application checklist:
- Complete your application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application or online application.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended. We will accept electronic copies directly from your school or via Credentials Solutions, the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment.
Do you still have questions?
More details about our transfer policies are available on our registrar’s page or you can contact the admissions office at email@example.com or 434-381-6142.