At Sweet Briar, we believe it’s never too early to take charge of your future. You can start developing your career plans as early as your first year — and we’re here to guide you.
The Office of Career Services can help you:
- Discover your passions and strengths, and define your aspirations
- Build an effective résumé that you will add to over the course of your four years through hands-on experiences
- Explore career options individually or through organized events
- Practice interviewing and other important job search skills
- Find internships and summer employment relevant to your area of study and career goals
- Connect with alumnae and employers for job shadowing, internships or employment opportunities
- Find career advice and job opportunities even after graduation — no matter how many years it’s been
Our goal is to help you prepare for success after Sweet Briar. Connect with us to learn more.
Alexa Dahlin '18, a business major, completed an internship at the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts that was funded by the Friends of Art at Sweet Briar College
Zelda Vasquez Ramirez '22, engineering major, completed an internship at the Clorox Company in Amherst, VA. She now works as an associate engineer at the Hershey Company.