Alerts are managed in the Alerts group. Three types of blurbs correspond to the three tiers of SBC’s emergency comms plan.
Note that content can be set to go live and expire at preset times. When you add a notification or alert, consider how long it should remain showing on the site. For example, a notification about a snow closing on Thursday should disappear at the end of that day.
To remove an alert manually, set it to Hidden or delete it.
For Tier 3 notifications (weather notices, important community notifications):
- Modify or create a Blurb of type Tier 3, and set it to Live.
- A pink bar with this information will show across the entire site.
For Tier 2 emergencies (significant problem but not immediately threatening):
- Modify or create a Blurb of type Tier 2, and set it to Live.
- The title and body of this blurb will display on the home page in place of the hero image.
For Tier 1 emergencies (active shooter, natural disaster, major fire, etc):
For a red sitewide notification bar:
- Modify or create a Blurb of type Tier 1, and set it to Live.
- A red bar with this information will show across the entire site.
To replace the regular home page with details for the public:
- Modify or create Story in the Alerts group, and set it to Live. Make sure to update/correct the “Action links” for more information.
- This story will replace the default home page display until you set it to Hidden or delete it. See Creating Stories for details on stories.
- Site visitors will be able to dismiss the story and show the regular home page after they have read it.