Sweet Briar College is a women’s liberal arts institution, located in Central Virginia approximately 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 60 miles south of Charlottesville. Founded in 1901, the College’s curriculum encompasses a comprehensive baccalaureate program in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as graduate programs in education. It is one of two women’s colleges in the United States offering an ABET-accredited engineering degree program. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sweet Briar College is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.
SBC Faculty/Staff Positions
The following positions are currently open. Job postings will be removed once they are filled.
Student Employment Opportunities
Applying For Student Employment
If you see a position you are interested in above:
- Apply for the position through the Paycom link above. Be prepared for a potential interview. Have an updated résumé, references and your course schedule ready for review.
- Human Resources does not make hiring decisions for Campus student employment in other departments. If you are selected for a position, the hiring supervisor will submit an Intent to Hire form to Human Resources. Once received, Human Resources will email you the electronic copy in which you can either sign electronically or in person at the Human Resources office.
- If you are currently employed by the College, Human Resources will send an email with the date the student may begin work, along with the position title and rate of pay.
If you have never worked at Sweet Briar as a student employee, you must complete the following requirement through the Paycom link that is sent to you once the Intent to Hire Form is received and processed by Human Resources before starting to work:
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification (actual/official documents must be presented to a HR Representative for review, photographs and copies of the documents will not be accepted)
- Form W-4: Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Form VA-4: Personal Exemption Worksheet
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Once these steps are completed, Human Resources will send an email with the date the student may begin work.