At Sweet Briar, we are committed to the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health of everyone in our community.
Thanks to our partners at HealthWorks and Horizon Behavioral Health, we offer both medical and counseling services at our health clinic. With our on-campus athletic facilities, green spaces and hiking trails, along with our farm-to-table dining services, students will find many ways to maintain their physical health through diet and exercise. And, through our counseling services and spiritual life resources, including an on-campus chaplain, students will have access to resources that can help guide them through their college experiences.
Staying Healthy is Mostly Common Sense
- Use good hand washing practices.
- Do not eat or drink after others.
- Prevent overexertion. Get adequate rest and sleep at least 6-8 hours each night.
- Exercise at least 3-5 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not abuse alcohol or drugs.
- Incorporate stress management techniques into your daily routine.